Thankfulness

Ok, this is exactly why I needed the blog challenge.  I need a post to be burning under my feet to get written.  Even if I'm running late getting it up I am thinking about it constantly and crafting it in my head.  (Over a MONTH late!) So, on that note, better late than never....here are my thoughts on thankfulness.

I am thankful most of all for all of the things I should be thankful for, my beautiful family, God, my job, friends, etc.  I don't mean to belittle those things, because they are BIG things, but this year I tried to think a little further about things I take for granted.

The first thing that came to mind was simple:  health.  For the past 2 months I have watched my mother undergo radiation and chemotherapy for throat cancer.  We have been blessed that they found it early enough to treat and she has a good prognosis for recovery.  But during the treatment it has been difficult.  I have been reminded to be thankful for small things we take for granted with our health... being able to swallow easy, a sense of taste, energy to get up in the morning, healthy skin and having the luxury of hair on our head. 

I have also been reminded to be thankful for having a mother still walking on this earth.

2 comments:

My father passed away 10 years ago. I don't really care much for "Fathers Day" anymore because I have no one left with which to share it. People who have not lost a parent do not fully comprehend this.

I, too, am thankful for my health (I'm turning 50 next month!) and I am extremely grateful that my mother is still alive and well also.

What an important lesson to be reminded of.